This recipe is for the Feed Feed, enjoy!
Rice with Turmeric and Currants
- 1 c rice, rinsed until the water runs clear then drained (long or short grain are both fine)
- 1 c filtered water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp dried currants
- 1 tsp olive oil
- In the pot of a rice cooker, combine all ingredients. Add 1 cup of water to the outer pot.
- Cook until the rice is tender but well-defined. Fluff with a rice spatula, put the lid back on and keep warm.
Roasted Garlic Tahini
- 1 c roasted garlic
- 3/4 c tahini
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- water, as needed
- Place all ingredients besides water in a blender and blend until smooth. Add enough water and blend through to adjust the consistency to that of thick yoghurt. Store in a mason jar and refrigerate until needed. Stores up to 3 weeks.
- 1/2 c Roasted Garlic Tahini (above)
- 1/2 c plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
- Stir together all ingredients until smooth. Use immediately.
- 2 small eggplant, washed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice each eggplant lengthwise in half, and cut off a thin slice from the rounded side of the eggplant so that the slices have a flat base.
- Season both sides of the eggplant and brush generously with olive oil.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes or until completely tender.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- 1 cup Tahini Crema (above)
- 1 cup Rice with Turmeric and Currants (above)
- Roasted Eggplant (above)
- arils from 1 small pomegranate
- 2 tbsp crushed pistachios
- 1 handful torn mint
- pomegranate molasses, to drizzle
- pistachio or extra-virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- sumac, to finish
- Place the roasted eggplant slices on 2 plates (as main course) or 4 plates (as starter). Spoon over the tahini crema to cover the eggplant.
- Add some clusters of rice around the eggplant.
- Scatter all over with pomegranate, pistachios, and mint.
- Drizzle with pomegranate molasses and oil, then dust with a pinch of sumac.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.